6 Worthwhile Benefits Of Daily Walks
In these unprecedented times, one of the simplest pleasures can be a daily walk. A great time to get some fresh air and clear your head. Check out other great benefits a daily walk can deliver.
- Burn Calories. Walking does burn calories. The amount varies due to factors like speed and your distance covered.
- Improved Mood. According to studies, even a short walk can greatly improve your mood.
- Support the joints. Walking can both protect and support the joints including hips and knees.
- Boost Creativity. Walking can help release your creative juices.
- Live Longer. Yes, studies have shown that walking can help you live longer.
- Reduce your risk of Chronic Disease. According to Preventon.com, the statistics are impressive: The American Diabetes Association says walking lowers your blood sugar levels and your overall risk for diabetes. Researchers at the University of Boulder Colorado and the University of Tennessee found that regular walking lowered blood pressureby as much as 11 points and may reduce the risk of stroke by 20 to 40%. One of the most cited studies on walking and health, published in The New England Journal of Medicine, found that those who walked enough to meet physical activity guidelines had a 30% lower risk of cardiovascular disease, compared with those who did not walk regularly.