How To Drink More Water & Stay Hydrated During The Hot Summer Months
With summer in full swing, its key to pay attention to your body and stay hydrated. It’s no secret that many people struggle with drinking enough water during the day. The benefits of being well hydrated are extensive – better looking skin, hair and overall health and wellness. If you’re trying to drink more water, check out some of our favourite tips below for ensuring you have a well hydrated day.
- Set Goals. One of the easiest ways to stay on track with water consumption is to set a goal. Many people aim for 8 glasses of water per day, but if that seems daunting set a daily goal for 5 – 6 and move up from there.
- Replace or Dilute Other Drinks: Try replacing one of your drinks with water and consider diluting juices and other drinks (ex: 50% drink 50% water). This will not only help increase your water intake, it’ll also cut back on sugar and calories consumed.
- Use Ice. Adding ice cubes to your drinks can immediantly (and easily) add to your daily water count.
- Drink a Glass of Water Before Each Meal: A common habit for many is to have a full glass of water before each meal.
- Consider Seltzers. In recent years, seltzers and flavoured water have boomed in popularity with brands like LaCroix and Bubly. Available in a variety of flavours, there’s sure to be one that will pique your interest.
- Consider an Infuser: Flavoured water is incredibly popular and if you dislike the taste of regular water, an infuser can add instant flavour. Adding in your favourite fruits or herbs will create a unique drink and add flavor to water (tip: lemon and mint are popular picks).
- Eat Foods With High Water Content: Cucumbers, lettuce, melon and celery all have high water content making them great options when trying to drink more water.
Free to join! Get the hottest fashion, beauty and celebrity news, enter exclusive subscriber giveaways and be the first to receive the full digital version of REAL STYLE magazine every month.