Backyard Fun This Summer
While many of us will be increasing the amount of time we spend with family and friends outside the home this summer, its likely that a lot of us will continue to spend more time at home. Summer can be a great time to enjoy your immediate family, get active and have some fun! Check out some of our favourite backyard activities below.
- Host a barbeque. A good, old fashioned BBQ is a great way to relax with family. If you don’t have a backyard, consider a picnic in the park.
- Bubbles. Bubble wands or sticks can be a great way to pass the time in the backyard.
- Bring out the board games. Jenga, cards and even chess can be fun outdoors.
- Do a little backyard decorating. Hanging lanterns or family artwork can be a colourful way to liven up space and keep the kids entertained.
- Pool time. If you’re lucky enough to have a pool, enjoy it! If not, kids can be entertained with inflatable pools or slides.
- Consider a fire pit. A fire pit is a fantastic way to hang with the family while enjoying some conversation (and maybe some delicious treats).
- Add furniture. A tree swing or hammock can really add to the ambiance of a backyard and provide a relaxing retreat.
- Build a structure. Treehouses, birdhouses and even a little playhouse can be great DIY family projects.
- Take that plain old fence and turn it into a chalkboard fence!
- Gardening is a calming activity the whole family can participate in.
Free to join! Get the hottest fashion, beauty and celebrity news, enter exclusive subscriber giveaways and be the first to receive the full digital version of REAL STYLE magazine.