5 Festive Things To Do in Calgary
There’s no shortage of fun and festive events in Calgary, Alberta. If you’re looking to get into the Christmas spirit, check out our picks for five holiday-inspired things to do in Calgary this season.
1. Once Upon A Christmas At Heritage Park: Rejoice in the sights and sounds of the season at Heritage Park. Open until December 24, this annual tradition offers up an abundance of spirited activities including festive wagon rides, visits with Santa, snowshoe races, children’s crafts, cookie decorating and more.
2. Zoolights at the Calgary Zoo: Running until January 5, 2019, Zoolights is an annual tradition for many Calgarians. Now in its 21st year, Zoolights is all about the magic and celebration of light. The event features two million holiday lights and offers up many fun activities including a variety of activity zones, musical entertainment, and more.
3. Skating at Olympic Plaza: Strap on your skates and enjoy a day of fun at this downtown rink.
4. Lions Festival of Lights: Running until January 8, 2019 the Festival of Lights is the largest free drive-by Christmas Lights showcase in Calgary. It’s comprised of over 450,000 bulbs on 16,000 strings along 14th St NW.
5. Christmas in Kensington: Every Saturday in December is filled with complimentary holiday programming in Kensington. There will be horse and wagon rides, holiday movies by donation at The Plaza Theatre, Santa roaming the streets, a petting zoo, hot chocolate and more.
Free to join! Get the hottest fashion, beauty and celebrity news, enter exclusive subscriber giveaways and be the first to receive the full digital version of REAL STYLE magazine.