Splash Into Spring With These Chic Rain Boots
With April upon us, there’s no doubt that rainy days and splashy puddles are set to make an appearance in the weeks ahead. After all, April showers bring May showers- and also a perfect opportunity to rock fashionable raingear. As the weather slowly shifts, try swapping your leather and suede boots for a pair of stylish rain boots instead. No longer restricted to primary school kids, it’s no surprise that rubber boots have been making a grand entrance in the past couple seasons. Spring 2018 is no exception, as affordable pairs join the ranks of higher end brands such as Hunter and Burberry. We’ve curated a few pairs of rain boots to complete your spring wardrobe and keep your feet dry during those drizzling mornings.
1) LONDON FOG Chelsea Water Resistant Rain Boots, $50: If you want to embrace the season’s girly blush shades, then these boots just might be your footwear solution. We are liking the light pink colour, along with the glossy surface. Meanwhile, the shorter height and sleek style make this a wearable choice for petite fashionistas, or those who prefer ankle boots.
2) Chooka Hilde Mid Rain Boot, $101: With the season of blossoming gardens upon us, these midi boots certainly fit into the aesthetic of the runways. The cheerful flowers bring the boots to life, and contrast nicely against the bright pink colour of the boots.
3) UGG Women’s Sienna Watercolor Rain Boot, $112: The pastel blue and pink shades bring these UGG boots to life, with a watercolour splash for a visual effect. For anyone who is tired of thick black rubbers or wants to take a step away from typical solids, pastel brights are a chic way to rock the rain boot trend.
4) Hunter Original Short Gloss Rain Boots, $189: Although rain always brings us dropping temperatures and grey skies, these boots just might light up your day with their punchy colour. This orange red colour is perfectly trendy for the coming season, while the bold silver buckles help to bring the overall style together.
5) Burberry Black Simion Rain Boots, $395: For anyone willing to splurge on classic Wellingtons, a pair of Burberry boots can easily work with everything from denim to a little black dress and stockings. These timeless knee-highs are decorated with the traditional Burberry plaid print, and also feature thick, practical soles.
Free to join! Get the hottest fashion, beauty and celebrity news, enter exclusive subscriber giveaways and be the first to receive the full digital version of REAL STYLE magazine every month.