11 Ways To De-Clutter This Season
For many, there is no better feeling (or look) than a clean, organized house devoid of clutter. If you’re seeking a de-cluttered existence this season, check out some of our favourite de-cluttering tips below.
- Make a list. Determine which rooms need to be organized then work through each room one at a time.
- In each room determine what items you actually use and what could be stored, donated, sold or disposed of.
- Keep flat surfaces like countertops devoid of excess items.
- Consider a dedicated storage room. If you have the space, consider using a room or large cabinet just for storage.
- Use baskets/boxes. Attractive baskets can be a great storage solution for areas like the laundry room.
- Throw away broken or damaged items.
- Invest in hooks. Hanging items on hooks will keep things off the floor and lead to a much tidier looking room.
- Take before and after photos. This will be greatly helpful down the line if your space becomes cluttered again.
- Marie Kondo. Use her famous line, “does it spark joy” to determine if you should keep an item.
- When it comes to clothing, pick a time period like one year as a starting point. If you haven’t worn something in a year, it’s time to get rid of it.
- Don’t forget your pantry! Removing expired foods and organizing by food category or look, can make a huge difference.