10 Tips For Relieving Stress Both Short And Long-Term
Stress can creep up at any time and place. Many people find themselves stressed and bothered on a frequent basis. The challenging and all-consuming feeling can wreck havoc on one’s day and relationships. There are however, some quick and relatively easy ways to reduce stress. If you find yourself stressed, try one of these tips.
- Get active. Take a walk or hit the gym. Getting your body moving is a great way to re-direct your attention to something positive.
- Meditate. Meditation has grown dramatically in popularity and for good reason. Even a quick meditation session can calm your mind and rejuvenate your spirit.
- Eat well. Eating a healthy, balanced diet helps your mind and body perform at their best. Try to limit junk food, fatty foods and alcohol.
- Put the phone down. Taking a break from your phone and social media can do wonders for your mental health.
- Take a bath. Many agree, a long soak in a hot bath can help calm the body and mind.
- Seek out family and friends. Put work on pause and make a date to hang out with friends or family. Even a few hours can make a big difference.
- Consider yoga. Yoga fans always rave about its mind/body benefits. While not for everyone, giving yoga a try might be worth your time.
- Get outside. Spending time in nature can really put things in perspective. Take a walk or go for a hike.
- Get creative. Many people find relief in art or craft projects.
- Get organized. Reducing clutter and cleaning up can be a game-changer for your day.
Free to join! Get the hottest fashion, beauty and celebrity news, enter exclusive subscriber giveaways and be the first to receive the full digital version of REAL STYLE magazine.