Tips For A Safe Halloween
Make it a fun and safe Halloween this year with these easy tips.
- Ensure the kids can be easily spotted while on streets and sidewalks. Add reflective material to different areas of a costume to make it easier for drivers to see your child.
- Ensure your child is dressed appropriately for the weather. Layers are a great option.
- Don’t let anyone wander alone. Make it a point to stay in a group.
- If handing out candy, let children pick out their own piece.
- Ensure your home and walkway are well-lit and free of debris.
- Avoid using candles in pumpkins.
- Consider mixing up your treat options by including things like pencils, stickers or colouring books.
- Make sure to inspect all treats before your child indulges.
- Set a time/schedule for when your child can have Halloween candy.