Tips For A Better Night’s Sleep
A good night’s sleep is considered by many to be the foundation of good health. Adopting good, sleep focused habits will assist in a better quality sleep. Consider the tips below for achieving a better night’s sleep.
- Create a sleep routine. Aim to go to bed and wake up at the same time everyday.
- Avoid caffeine late in the day. Caffeine can interfere in your ability to wind down in the evening.
- Limit naps. If you nap often or for long periods of time, consider stopping or reducing the length of your nap.
- Create a comfortable sleep setting. A cool, quiet, clean room can do wonders for a positive sleep experience.
- Avoid nighttime alcohol. Alcohol can disrupt sleep patterns.
- Relax before bed. Listening to music, reading or meditating can help. A bath can also be a great relaxer!
- Talk to your doctor. Your doctor can offer advice on supplements and medication to improve your sleep quality.