11 Simple Ways To Be Happier
Who doesn’t want to be happier? It’s been a rough year for so many of us and its easy to get a little sad. The good news is that there are some simple, easy and effective ways you can add a little more happiness and joy to your life.
- Get enough sleep! Aim for at least 6 hours per day.
- Meditate. The meditation industry has seen a huge boom in the past couple of years. Apps like Calm and Headspace can be a great option for beginners.
- Get out in nature. Time spent outside (i.e. a long walk) can be both calming and happy.
- Volunteer. Consider ways you can help your community. A quick google search can help you find organizations that would welcome your help this year.
- Get organized and de-clutter. It can be incredibly satisfying to clean up a room in your home. Throw away what you no longer use or need.
- Exercise. It has been touted for decades as a great mood booster.
- Master something. Whether it be learning a new language or skill, look for something you’d love to improve upon or learn.
- Write it down. Writing down your thoughts and feelings can be a great stress-reliever and a great way to organize your thoughts and plans.
- Eat healthy. While not always easy, try to incorporate more healthy foods into your daily diet.
- Be grateful. Take time each day to think about three things you are grateful for.
- Put the phone down. Take a phone break (even just for an afternoon) to relax and unwind.
Free to join! Get the hottest fashion, beauty and celebrity news, enter exclusive subscriber giveaways and be the first to receive the full digital version of REAL STYLE magazine.