11 Simple Ways To Be Happier
Who doesn’t want to be happier? It’s been a rough year for so many of us and its easy to get a little sad. The good news is that there are some simple, easy and effective ways you can add a little more happiness and joy to your life.
- Get enough sleep! Aim for at least 6 hours per day.
- Meditate. The meditation industry has seen a huge boom in the past couple of years. Apps like Calm and Headspace can be a great option for beginners.
- Get out in nature. Time spent outside (i.e. a long walk) can be both calming and happy.
- Volunteer. Consider ways you can help your community. A quick google search can help you find organizations that would welcome your help this year.
- Get organized and de-clutter. It can be incredibly satisfying to clean up a room in your home. Throw away what you no longer use or need.
- Exercise. It has been touted for decades as a great mood booster.
- Master something. Whether it be learning a new language or skill, look for something you’d love to improve upon or learn.
- Write it down. Writing down your thoughts and feelings can be a great stress-reliever and a great way to organize your thoughts and plans.
- Eat healthy. While not always easy, try to incorporate more healthy foods into your daily diet.
- Be grateful. Take time each day to think about three things you are grateful for.
- Put the phone down. Take a phone break (even just for an afternoon) to relax and unwind.