How To Effectively Practice Self-Care This Winter
For so many of us this winter, in particular, feels endless. With many working and participating in school at home, the winter of 2021 can feel especially draining. That’s why it’s so important that everyone make an effort to practice self-care. Self-care isn’t hard, but making an effort to take of oneself can sometimes be forgotten. Check out some easy ways to effectively practice self-care this winter.
1. Zoom/video chat friends and family. Make an extra effort to reach out to those that live alone.
2. Take time to relax. Ideas include taking a nighttime bath or practicing meditation.
3. Each day take a bit of time for entertainment. Watch your favourite tv show, read a new book or tackle a board game.
4. Exercise. Fit in some form of exercise each day. Running, walking, yoga, biking and even taking the dog for a walk are all great options.
5. Take up a new hobby. Cooking, gardening and home repair are great ways to keep yourself busy.
6. Treat yourself. Indulge in that one thing you would love to have. Maybe it’s clothing or makeup, whatever it is, consider picking it up.
7. Get enough sleep. Make an effort to get a good night’s sleep. It can do wonders for your mood and energy the following day!