Winter Fun – Toronto Announces T.O. Winter Parks Plan
Earlier this week, the city of Toronto announced its T.O. Winter parks plan. The plan highlights new and enhanced exercise-based recreation activities in parks locations across Toronto. See below for info the city shared.
Residents are encouraged to stay active this winter with members of their household at:
- 23 toboggan hills in neighbourhoods across Toronto
- 8 snow loops for walking and snowshoeing at the City’s five golf courses, with loops ranging from 1 kilometre to 2.5 kilometres
- Free, leisure skating at the City’s 54 outdoor ice rinks, including Nathan Phillips Square, beginning November 28, weather dependent, with a maximum of 25 participants
- Six disc-golf locations, including the newest at Scarlett Woods Golf Course, beginning November 28
- New guided outdoor Walk Fit programs, including 45 sessions each week
- High Park car-free weekends
- City parks with additional 60 kilometres of paved recreational trails and pathways with snow maintenance
- 100 parks with winter maintenance, including 60 with enhanced maintenance this year including cleared parking lots and paved pathways
- Up to 30-plus natural ice rinks – the City is accepting applications until December 31 for community-built and maintained natural ice rinks in City parks
Throughout the winter the following parks amenities will remain open:
- More than 800 playgrounds and 30 parks with outdoor fitness equipment
- Outdoor sport courts, including 57 tennis courts with nets in place for winter tennis
- 70 outdoor table tennis and 60 chess tables
- 68 dog off-leash areas
- The City will more than double its supply of winter park washrooms from 64 to 143 as part of its ongoing response to COVID-19
- The archery range in E.T. Seton Park
This winter will indeed be a different one, but there’s no reason people can’t get out and enjoy it with members of their household. Let’s stay safe and have fun!
Free to join! Get the hottest fashion, beauty and celebrity news, enter exclusive subscriber giveaways and be the first to receive the full digital version of REAL STYLE magazine.