What To Wear In Montreal This Spring
Photo: houseofmackage on Instagram
With its famously rebellious reputation, Montreal is recognized as Canada’s party capital and also known as a fashion hotspot. On the city’s streets, artistic and eccentric styles mix with a slight European influence to produce a unique, avant-garde aesthetic. After all, this Canadian sartorial destination is home to a number of True North designers, such as Rudsak and evening gown talent Mikael D.
If you’re visiting MTL this Spring 2017, chances are that you have brought along your most fashionable pieces for the trip. Whether you’re a Torontonian heading on a weekend getaway or a West Coast gal visiting from Vancouver, the city offers endless styling inspiration. We’ve curated a few outfit ideas to help you embrace the Montreal fashion scene, and perhaps star in a street style snap this season.
1) Mackage Black Leather Hania Jacket, $850: As a leather jacket from Montreal-based outerwear label Mackage, this sleek black lambskin number suits the city’s attitude. The studded detail, along with the bold silver buckles and edgy zippers, help to complete the design. As the Canadian spring is no doubt set to have its chilly days, a form-fitting leather bomber can combat the elements in style.
2) Fidelity Denim Skinny Blue Jean, $298: Nothing flatters the tough girl effect of leather quite like skinny denim. This dark wash and ankle-length pair by Fidelity features whiskered accents, which can easily contrast against a solid dark jacket.
3) Vivetta Heart Collar Long Sleeve Blouse, $451: A tailored Italian blouse may immediately remind you of a corporate office setting, but remember that your European statement pieces can mix effortlessly with North American staples. Try elevating your casual denim and leather with this ladylike and structured shirt from Vivetta. The pale blue colour, dainty polka dots and whimsical red and white heart collar add feminine touches.
4) Schutz Stiletto Ankle Boots, $233: To bring a sultry finishing touch to your skintight denim, try stepping out in high-heeled booties. We are liking these black stiletto ankle boots, which make a splash with their suede and leather texture.
5) Carven Chain Strap Shoulder Bag, $672: As French inspired design, art and fashion can be spotted everywhere in Montreal, a tiny chain handbag is the accessory that you need. This delicate red leather purse by French fashion house Carven matches the collar on the blouse, and brings your entire look together- et voilà!
Free to join! Get the hottest fashion, beauty and celebrity news, enter exclusive subscriber giveaways and be the first to receive the full digital version of REAL STYLE magazine.