Top Six Stars To See At TIFF 2014
The 39th annual Toronto International Film Festival is about to begin, and like every year people are on the look out for their favourite celebrities. We’ve compiled a list of the celebrities we’ll be watching for, whether on the red carpet, at our favourite restaurants, or just exploring everything Toronto has to offer.
1) Robert Downey Jr. – Iron Man himself hasn’t been to Tiff since 2005 when he appeared on the red carpet for Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. Over the years Downey Jr. has managed to make quite the memories for himself in Toronto, from The Sutton Place Hotel incident 20 years ago where he repeatedly punched a wall before crawling on the floor on his hands and knees to 2003 where he was trying to steer clear of alcohol but ended up wearing a cocktail when a waiter spilled it on him by accident. And if 2005 is any indication, you may just see Downey Jr. around town, as there were numerous sightings of him that year.
2) Bill Murray – Not only is Bill ‘Freaking’ Murray confirmed for Tiff 2014, but he’s also getting a whole day dedicated to him. His movie St. Vincent is highly buzzed about, and Murray is already being talked about for possibly getting an Oscar nod for his role. The reclusive star is very picky on where he will appear, so being in Toronto for Tiff makes his appearance even that much more special.
3) Benedict Cumberbatch – The Sherlock star was on a few red carpets last year during tiff, and he always made sure to make time for his fans. He also made time for reporters waiting on the red carpet as well. It seems like he is everywhere lately, and it doesn’t seem to be phasing him at all. This year he’s starring in the highly anticipated The Intimidation Game.
4) Reese Witherspoon – She’s been here before plenty of times, but not quite like this. Reese is returning with not one, but two biographical movies this year, Wild and The Good Lie. Not only will she be walking the red carpet for both shows, but she’s also appearing onstage for a special In Conversation with Tiff artistic director Cameron Bailey.
5) Chris Evans – You might think Chris Evans is just about good looks, but the man is appearing at Tiff 2014 to help promote his movie Before We Go, which is also his directorial debut. This of course means he will be more than willing to chat about his movie to whomever is near.
6) Kate Winslet – Another Tiff favourite is this Titanic star whose film A Little Chaos is the closing night film of the festival. In it she plays a landscaper who is hired to design and construct the grand garden at Versaillers for King Louis XIV.
Photo Credit: Gage Skidmore
By: Roderick Thedorff
Free to join! Get the hottest fashion, beauty and celebrity news, enter exclusive subscriber giveaways and be the first to receive the full digital version of REAL STYLE magazine.