How To Combat Dry Fall Skin
With fall now in full swing, some of us are struggling with the onset of drier, flakier skin. If you’re aiming to protect your delicate face and body from the harsh effects of autumn weather, here are some of our top tips for targeting and nourishing fall skin.
- Use warm, mild water. Hot water can make your skin drier. Wash your face with lukewarm water.
- Invest in a humidifier. A humidifier adds moisture back to the air and can provide quick relief to dry, flaky skin.
- Exfoliate. Use a quality exfoliator to remove flaky skin and improve the overall look of your skin.
- Use non-alcoholic-based products. Products that contain alcohol strip the skin’s natural oils which can leave the skin feeling stiffer. These usually include toners, anti-acne wash and hand sanitizers. For the cold season, swap out these products for ones that are alcohol free to better retain the skin’s natural moisture.
- Eat a balanced diet and drink plenty of water. It may sound obvious, but maintaining a balanced, healthy diet and ensuring you drink plenty of water can do wonders for not only your skin, but your entire body.
- Moisture day and night. Adequate moisturizing of skin is key to helping skin look and feel its best.