5 Sunscreens For Spring 2016
Whether you’re planning the ultimate cottage getaway this season or simply aiming to catch the sun’s rays from your front porch, a quality sunscreen can help you protect your flawless skin. Just in time for balmy afternoons and longer days, we’ve curated a roundup of five sunscreens to shield you from the dangers of Mr. Sun. Before you drive off on your first road trip or beach getaway of the season, here are a few sunproof options to add to your tote bag now.
1) Paula’s Choice ‘Sun Care’ Extra Care Non-Greasy Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 50, $23: This antioxidant-enriched solution from Paula’s Choice states that it will provide a matte finish and waterproof coverage. In terms of skin types, it claims to especially suit individuals with normal to oily or combination skin.
2) Tarte Tarteguard 30 Sunscreen Lotion Broad Spectrum SPF 30, $38: As a sunscreen from Tarte, this product states that it will also moisturize and rejuvenate the skin for a brightening effect. The sunscreen claims to achieve this due to the Maracuja oil in its ingredients, which is packed with essential fatty acids and vitamin C. The red algae in the formula claims to moisturize, while the soybean extract is said to reduce signs of aging and apple extract claims to tone the skin. It also states that it will nourish the skin with honeysuckle extract, lock in moisture with sodium hyaluronate and offer an antioxidant boost with vitamin E.
3) bareMinerals ‘Complexion Rescue’ Mineral Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 50, $40: This sunscreen by bareMinerals claims to offer UVA and UVB protection and also prepare the surface of the skin for makeup. It is said to offer antioxidants, guard the skin from environmental dangers and contain micro-encapsulated pigments for a natural effect. Complexion Rescue also claims to be suitable for all skin types, and states that it can be worn alone or under foundation.
4) Consonant The Perfect Sunscreen, $45: Canadian skincare brand Consonant claims that its sunscreen is a 100 percent natural option with SPF 30 protection. As for the formula, it claims to be made with soothing aloe vera, in addition to hydrating grape seed and rice bran oil. It is also said to offer sheer protection, due to the micronized zinc oxide and titanium dioxide blend. Meanwhile, the natural mica tint in the formula claims to produce an even skin tone.
5) Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Lotion Broad Spectrum SPF 50+ WetForce for Sensitive Skin & Children, $53: Shiseido’s latest sunscreen claims to offer a mineral-based and hypoallergenic formula which is suitable for both sensitive skin types and young children. The broad spectrum lotion states that it is created with the brand’s WetForce technology, which is meant to withstand water and sweat. It also claims to soothe the skin with aloe extract, work effectively for both face and body and offer a non-greasy texture.
Free to join! Get the hottest fashion, beauty and celebrity news, enter exclusive subscriber giveaways and be the first to receive the full digital version of REAL STYLE magazine.