Copy This Chic Wrapped Half Updo For Spring 2016
Photo: missysueblog on Instagram
For Spring 2016, chic upswept hairstyles are set to dominate the season’s hair trends. While there’s nothing quite like the look of flowing bohemian waves to bring a soft effect to your features, a chic wrapped hairstyle can offer an instantly polished effect. If you’re looking to update your strands just in time for the changing weather, here’s how to master this hair tutorial now.
1) Start off by brushing out your side-parted locks: Use a paddle brush to smooth out your locks and untangle any pesky strands. For a sleek look, create a side part in your locks.
2) Carefully pull your strands back into a half-ponytail and pin your locks into place: Next, use your fingers to pull your sleek tresses back into a half-up and half-down ponytail and clip this section of hair into place with a hairstyling clip.
3) Use a curling wand to curl your free-falling sections of hair: Complete your hairstyle by creating curls on the loose sections of your hair which are falling below. To achieve natural and loose curls, wrap each section of hair around the wand for approximately 5-10 seconds.
4) Loosen the fastened sections of your hair and continue to curl: As you finish curling the lower portion of your hair, slowly loosen the secured sections of your hair and continue to curl these strands as well. Once you’ve finished crafting your curls, apply a finishing product to maintain your new hairstyle.
5) Create a half-pulled back wrapped ponytail: Pull half of your hair back into a half-up and half-down ponytail, by wrapping a segment of the hair around the base of the ponytail. Once you’ve crafted a loosely wrapped pony, hold your new style in position with a series of bobby pins. If you have longer or thicker locks, use extra pins to keep your new wrapped half-updo looking flawless all day long.
Free to join! Get the hottest fashion, beauty and celebrity news, enter exclusive subscriber giveaways and be the first to receive the full digital version of REAL STYLE magazine.