Top 5 Health and Fitness Books For Summer 2015
With upcoming summer days calling for toned bikini bodies and flat bellies, it’s easy enough to despair at the gym as you focus on daunting fitness goals! Luckily, a diet or fitness book can help you stay on track as you tackle those last five pounds and keep dreaded summer weight gain under control. Here are our top five health and exercise titles to pick up this season.
Photo: suzannesomers on Instagram
1) TOX-SICK: From Toxic to Not Sick by Suzanne Somers, Harmony: This new read by 68-year-old actress and health advocate Suzanne Somers takes a look at toxic substances like mold and lead, which we face every day. The book features environmental physician Dr. Sherry Rogers, along with other doctors who address the importance of detoxing your system, using enzymes and embracing a clean diet.
2) Sugar Smart Express: The 21-Day Quick Start Plan to Stop Cravings, Lose Weight, and Still Enjoy the Sweets You Love! by Anne Alexander and Julia VanTine, Rodale Books: For anyone with a sweet tooth who is craving a healthy new lifestyle, this new read just hit the shelves on May 5. It explores the menacing presence of added sugar in everything from peanut butter to condiments. Look out for a 21-day meal plan and recipes, which explore how health-conscious foodies can scale back on the sweet stuff.
Photo: karenakatrina on Instagram
3) Tone It Up: 28 Days to Fit, Fierce, and Fabulous by Karena Dawn and Katrina Scott, Rodale Books: As personal trainers and nutritional coaches, California-based best friends Karena Dawn and Katrina Scott are also co-stars of Bravo TV’s Tone It Up reality series. The duo has released this new book, which hit the shelves on May 5. Tone It Up is a 28-day overall guide which offers daily fitness challenges, workout plans and recipes. For added motivation, it also includes girl power and inspirational tips to keep readers focused.
Photo: christmasabbott on Instagram
4) The Badass Body Diet: The Breakthrough Diet and Workout for a Tight Booty, Sexy Abs, and Lean Legs by Christmas Abbott, William Morrow: While CrossFit trainer and coach Christmas Abbott may only be five foot three, the petite fitness addict is known for her sculpted physique and muscled arms. In this new read (which hit the shelves on May 12), Abbott shares her best tips for burning unwanted cellulite and getting a perky derriere with a total body workout.
5) Everyday Detox: 100 Easy Recipes to Remove Toxins, Promote Gut Health, and Lose Weight Naturally by Megan Gilmore, Ten Speed Press: As a certified holistic health counselor and the founder of The Detoxinista healthy living blog, Megan Gilmore’s new title is set to be released on June 2. Everyday Detox shares tips on safe detoxifying, without extreme diets or fasting. The book also includes 100 recipes and grocery shopping tips to make the detox process easier.
Free to join! Get the hottest fashion, beauty and celebrity news, enter exclusive subscriber giveaways and be the first to receive the full digital version of REAL STYLE magazine every month.