Top 5 Ways To Redecorate Your Bedroom On A Budget
Photo: Decoist (@Decoist) on Twitter
If you’ve been craving a bedroom makeover this winter but are looking for wallet-friendly ways to revamp your space, there’s no need to embark on an entire redesign project at home. From adding artistic touches to your wall to bringing in a fresh vibe with a chic new headboard, here are our top five ways to easily update your bedroom on a budget.
1) Update your bed with vibrant accent pillows: While it may be challenging to afford the gorgeous canopy bed of your dreams, the look of bold pillows brings a colourful accent to an ordinary bed. Try adding a hot pink pillow to black and white bed linens, or accessorizing a simple bed in style with a pop of fierce red.
Photo: SATET (@ShowaTell) on Twitter
2) Add playful decals to your wall for a creative touch: If you can’t afford to paint all four walls of your space, try adding the stencilled effect of inspiring phrases or abstract designs to a single wall. A basic black decal will add a striking touch to a light-coloured wall, while a vibrant purple design can awaken a neutral space.
3) Bring warmth to your personal space with a trendy area rug: If the lifeless hardwood floors in your bedroom need a finishing touch, try bringing an area rug into your space. Traditional décor addicts can use a grey or creamy white rug to tone down bright accent walls or furnishings, while daring decorators can try a trendy cowhide rug for a textured effect.
Photo: Tepe Home (@TepeHome) on Twitter
4) Switch up tired beige bed linens for a quilt in a rich Marsala shade: The look of a new quilt offers an instant makeover to any bedroom which is craving colour. If you’re not ready to splurge on new furniture or carpeting, add a quilt in a deep and inviting colour to your bed. Pantone’s Color of the Year, Marsala, brings life to wooden headboards or white décor.
5) Add a revamped headboard for the feel of an entirely new room: Surprisingly, a chic new headboard can change your bedroom décor without the need for a complete overhaul of your space. Better Homes and Gardens recommends keeping it creative, by using a salvaged wooden door as a statement headboard. For a DIY touch, paint your headboard in a vivid teal, violet or pale blue shade.
Free to join! Get the hottest fashion, beauty and celebrity news, enter exclusive subscriber giveaways and be the first to receive the full digital version of REAL STYLE magazine.