Five Ways To Take Your Bathroom From Drab To Fab
Photo: Levine & Sons (@levineandsons) on Twitter
If you’re quickly growing tired of dreary beige walls, that ancient cracked mirror and a lack of storage space, it may be time for a refreshing bathroom makeover at home. Whether you plan to embrace a hint of colour with an accent wall or add gleaming chrome fixtures, here’s our guide to revamping your bathroom this winter.
Photo: The White Room (@thewhiteroompr) on Twitter
1) Add a bright accent wall for a colourful contrast: While a tight budget may be preventing you from creating your dream bathroom with a spa inspired design, a pop of colour can help breathe new life into your space. Try a burnt orange, deep blue or pale green accent wall as a trendy upgrade from an understated white shade. If you’re aiming for a statement colour, a rich marsala wall paired with white décor brings Pantone’s Colour of the Year into your bathroom.
Photo: IKEA Canada (@IKEACanada) on Twitter
2) Create space for an endless collection of cosmetics with a sleek shelving unit: If your collection of lotions and hair products has taken over a cramped bathroom, adding a modern shelf is a quick alternative to remodelling the entire area. For a sophisticated touch and extra storage, a dainty metal shelving unit can make the most out of a tiny space.
Photo: CrescentBath&Kitchen (@CrescentBKofPA) on Twitter
3) Add a graceful vintage inspired bathtub for a stylish décor statement: While your goal may be to update your bathroom, a step back in time with vintage inspiration is also a smart décor move. To offer your space a burst of unique character, try replacing that clinical and dull white tub with a chic claw foot bathtub.
4) Bring a polished look to your bathroom with an updated faucet: Of course, a rusty faucet on a bathroom sink adds an unwelcoming and aged look to any space. Bring your bathroom back to its usual shining glory, by replacing an old faucet with a chic chrome or classic polished brass fixture.
Photo: Tiles and Bathrooms (@TilesandBaths) on Twitter
5) Revamp dull bathroom floors with vivid statement tiles: According to Houzz.com, the bathroom décor trend of statement tile floors is set to make a splash in 2015. Embrace the look of an artsy neutral pattern, or add a deep blue patterned tile floor for a colourful vibe during that blissful bubble bath in your new claw foot tub.
Free to join! Get the hottest fashion, beauty and celebrity news, enter exclusive subscriber giveaways and be the first to receive the full digital version of REAL STYLE magazine every month.