Top Ski Resorts Around The World
Photo: Whistler Blackcomb (@WhistlerBlckcmb) on Twitter
With inches of fresh powder slowly tempting us to hit the slopes and soak up the fresh mountain air, we’re looking forward to a ski retreat this season. From the peaks of Whistler right at home on Canadian soil to the Swiss Alps, we’ve curated a guide to the top resorts to visit this winter:
1) Whistler Blackcomb, British Columbia: For skiers who want to embrace the wintertime beauty of B.C., the stunning twin mountains of Whistler and Blackcomb are right next to each other. According to whistlerblackcomb.com, the resort is a winter wonderland that includes “200 marked runs, 8,171 acres of terrain, 16 alpine bowls and three glaciers.” With 15 mountain restaurants, enjoying a cozy romantic meal in between your ski lessons is no trouble at all.
2) Snowbird, Utah: This resort, which is located six miles east of Utah’s capital Salt Lake City, offers a special Mountain Vacation package for the adventurous winter sports devotee. With at least four nights at the resort, four lift tickets, a free Mountain School lesson and transportation from the airport, this sounds like a winning getaway.
3) Copper Mountain, Colorado: Not simply a ski hotspot, this Colorado destination also offers fast-paced activities like a snow tubing hill and an Alpine Rush Zip Line for an adrenaline rush. For a break, head to the on-site spa for a refreshing facial or munch on sushi at the Storm King restaurant.
4) Andermatt, Switzerland: If you’re craving an alpine escape far away from your hometown, this ski resort in the charming Swiss village of Andermatt may be your perfect destination. With 13 trails and a balanced mix of terrain for everyone from beginners to advanced, the resort is a crowd pleaser for all levels. Soak up local culture with a ride in a horse-drawn sleigh, or embrace the scenery with cross-country skiing in the Swiss Alps.
Photo: Stowe Mt Resort (@StoweMtResort) on Twitter
5) Stowe Mountain Resort, Vermont: This picturesque Vermont destination features two mountains that are further separated into six areas. Start off at the Midway Small Park to master freestyle terrain if you’re a beginner, or enjoy the heart-pounding jumps at the advanced Tyro Large Park. For anyone taking off on a ski vacation, the resort offers mountain townhouses, condos and a classic country inn.
Photo: SnowTrippin (@SnowTrippin) on Twitter
6) St Martin-de-Belleville, France: The French Alps are home to this resort and its range of Les Chalets Cocoon, pretty stone and wood chalets for a rustic getaway. Les 3 Vallées is the local ski area, where a guaranteed snow cover promises a layer of powder over the 600 kilometres of ski slopes. If those fresh bruises from your snowboarding escapades have finally worn you down, relax at one of the two local spas.
Free to join! Get the hottest fashion, beauty and celebrity news, enter exclusive subscriber giveaways and be the first to receive the full digital version of REAL STYLE magazine.