Summer Vacation Planning Advice – From Budget To Packing
If you’re planning the ultimate summer getaway this year, it is probably a wise idea to start your research today. After all, that vacation of your dreams requires plenty of planning and packing before it can become reality! Luckily, we’ve curated a guide to the top tips for planning a perfect adventure. Here are Real Style’s suggestions for the greatest summer holiday:
1) Download a fantastic app: Whether you’re wondering how to plan your journey to Paris for incredible shopping, London for world-renowned culture, or Ibiza for a coveted party getaway, a travel app for your smartphone or tablet can literally make a world of difference! The Expedia Hotels & Flights app (for iPhone and Android) will help you search for flight details and hotel information as you hunt for the perfect retreat. Not only was it a top contender for the 2013 Webby Awards as a People’s Voice Winner, the interactive app also offers special deals.
2) Create a budget: After all, you definitely don’t want to find yourself in an exotic locale with an empty savings account. Avoid the temptation of maxing out your credit card this summer with a smart and savvy vacation budget, along with a plan to start saving from now. According to Parade, leaving room in your current budget to put savings in a separate travel account is a smart move. If you cut back on nights out, expensive restaurants, and your favourite luxe beauty indulgences for a few weeks, you’ll have cash left over for your trip.
3) Plan in advance and avoid peak travel time: If you avoid high season, you have a better chance of being able to find an affordable flight and jetting off to your dream destination. Use travel sites like airfarewatchdog.com, travelocity.ca, hotwire.com, and bookingbuddy.com to find the latest in wallet-friendly deals on airfare or vacation packages.
4) Look for local deals near your destination: Some of us prefer a laidback Caribbean retreat with nothing on the agenda except for sun, sand, and surf. However, if you’re an ambitious globetrotter who wants to experience culture, soak up nightlife and shows, or absorb local cuisine, it may be a great idea to research entertainment and dining deals. Be prepared for expenses when you step off the plane, and book deals for whichever city you’ll be visiting in advance through Groupon or Yipit.
5) Pack smart and light: Once you have the funds, the plane tickets, and the accommodations for your getaway, don’t miss your flight while struggling to pack your luggage at the last minute! Avoid dreaded eleventh hour delays by packing in advance and stockpiling travel-sized health and beauty goodies. USAToday advises anyone with the travel bug to roll clothes instead of folding, make a list of essentials, and pack wearables in layers to prevent a stuffed suitcase.
Related: Top 5 Celebrity Spring GetawaysPhoto credit: Instagram
Free to join! Get the hottest fashion, beauty and celebrity news, enter exclusive subscriber giveaways and be the first to receive the full digital version of REAL STYLE magazine every month.