Runway To Real Way: Overalls Trend To Embrace This Summer
The trend of the overalls from the 90s has come back as a major hit this season, as seen on the Spring/Summer 2015 runway at Rebecca Minkoff . Because of their loose-fitting, casual and comfortable feel, they have become a favourite among many style bloggers. Because overalls have a boyish feature to them, adding girly accessories like a big statement necklace or large cat eye sunglasses can help style the look.
Overalls are transition-friendly, from a seasonal standpoint. They have tons of options for layering, as they can look just as cool with a long sleeve underneath matched with a pair of combat boots, as it does with a simple white tank and strappy sandals. Wearing a cute tank or short sleeve t-shirt underneath on a hot summer day and adding a cardigan or light leather jacket on top for a cooler night is very simple with overalls. Accessories also look awesome with denim, ensuring your look will be stylish and fashion forward for the summer.
Here are some tips and ideas on how to wear your overalls this summer:
1) Pair your overalls with a plain white tee, a large statement necklace and a cute pair of summer strappy flats. Add a statement colour clutch to complete the look.
2) For a casual look, wear your overalls over a bandeau, and add a cardigan or kimono jacket over the whole outfit.
3) Make your overalls even more summery by pairing them with a large floppy hat, a cute lace shirt and statement colourful wedges.
4) Couple your overalls with a cute crop top and big cat eye glasses. This is also a perfect way to wear a crop top without showing too much skin.
5) Overalls can have a professional look to them as well! Add a fitted blazer and a nice pair of heels to finish the look.
6) For a retro-inspired look, match your overalls with a striped long sleeve or t-shirt, classic sneakers, and a cute pair of aviators.
7) To create a simple, functional look, sport a simple black tank, a loose-fitting cardigan, chunky open toe sandals and a pair of vintage sunglasses.
8) You can even make overalls risqué by wearing them over a sheer shirt with some cute flats or even a pair of heels.
9) Have fun with your overalls! Instead of sticking to plain denim or classic black or neutrals, buy your overalls in a bright colour like red, and pair it with a cute t-shirt underneath.
10) Towards the end of the summer, you can wear your overalls with a chic leather jacket, sneakers, and a beanie for a street style inspired look as the weather cools down.
Free to join! Get the hottest fashion, beauty and celebrity news, enter exclusive subscriber giveaways and be the first to receive the full digital version of REAL STYLE magazine every month.