10 Cool Girl Hats To Top Off Your Look
Photo: beyonce on Instagram
From the gaucho, to the new fedora and the floppy ‘ music scene’ hat – with warm, sunshine-filled days on the horizon, you’ll want to shield your delicate visage in style with a statement chapeau this season (just like Beyoncé in her trendy gaucho hat). Whether you prefer a floppy hat in a pastel hue or a fierce fedora with a wide brim, Summer 2015’s hat trend will help you complete your look to suit your personality. Just in time for lazy weekends at the beach and picnics in the park, here are our favourite cool girl hats to top off any summertime ensemble.
1) Eric Javits ‘Daphne’ Broad Brim Fedora, $372: The fedora reigns supreme this season, as a must-have accessory for any outfit from a bohemian maxi dress to a classic, flowing blouse. We love the neutral look of this woven sun hat, not to mention the chic black grosgrain ribbon for a finishing touch.
2) Yestadt Peaks Wool Hat, $184: The classic look of a double peak silhouette brings structure and style to Summer 2015’s fedora. For an edgy, casual touch, slip this hat on with a fringed mini skirt, or pair it with a sheer blouse and towering wedges.
3) Forever 21 Western Straw Cowboy Hat, $10: With the cowboy hat calling for broad brims and country style, we love this affordable straw style. The tan colour makes it a neutral topper for any summertime trend, while the embellished hatband keeps the design eye-catching and chic.
4) Nasty Gal West Fest Wool Hat, $51: Surprisingly, wool cowboy hats are expected to make a statement as temperatures rise. While you may think of the fabric as a winter essential, this wool topper may be a summertime must-have. The brown shade and thin black leather ribbon complete the Wild West inspired look.
5) BP Rope Trim Floppy Felt Hat, $35: As you sip cocktails on your favourite patio or strut the sidewalks in search of new fashion finds, a floppy summer hat is a new fashionista staple. We’re coveting the pale mauve colour, which adds a girlish, free-spirited touch to this 1970s style chapeau.
6) David & Young Floppy Felt Hat, $10: While summertime calls for bright hues and pastel shades, a classic brown hat can help to tone down neon hues or bring sophistication to a neutral outfit. We are loving the floppy, wide brim on this bohemian topper.
7) Lovely Bird Biarritz Feather Wrap Hat, $155: The dainty feather accents bring this hat to an entirely new level. For anyone who is bored with straw sunhats or baseball caps, a structured, feather-adorned hat in honey brown just may be a new favourite.
8) Saint Laurent Flat Brimmed Hat, $1,246: The flat-brimmed, vintage inspired gaucho hat is back with a vengeance for Summer 2015. This black Saint Laurent design is simple yet elegant.
9) Missoni Pip Crochet Hat, $497: For anyone escaping on a luxe getaway this season, the Panama hat will leave you coveting carefree vacation style. The bright, funky shades on this crocheted Missoni hat bring “fun in the sun” to mind. Meanwhile, the bold yellow ribbon is a perfect touch.
10) Genie By Eugenia Kim Billie Wide-Brim Fedora, $112: With a woven look and a floral print ribbon, this wide brim topper is an easy, fresh take on the traditional Panama hat.
Free to join! Get the hottest fashion, beauty and celebrity news, enter exclusive subscriber giveaways and be the first to receive the full digital version of REAL STYLE magazine every month.