Our Favourite Looks From Day 1 Of New York Fashion Week Fall 2015
With the official first day of the Fall 2015 shows at Mercedes-Benz New York Fashion Week now complete, it’s clear that the upcoming trends for autumn have already left a fierce mark on the catwalk. Here’s Real Style’s guide to our favourite looks so far from the New York ready-to-wear runways.
Photo: BCBG Max Azria Fall 2015 Ready-to-Wear (Style.com)
1) A flowing black frock paired with high black boots at BCBG Max Azria: With its billowing sleeves and edgy stitched detail around the bust, waist and sleeves, this elegant frock from BCBG Max Azria is both demure and daring. The high neckline and asymmetrical hem give it visual interest, while the thigh-high black boots add a sultry finish.
Photo: Tadashi Shoji Fall 2015 Ready-to-Wear (Style.com)
2) An intricate floor-length gown in a deep blue shade at Tadashi Shoji: The 67-year-old Japanese-born designer is known for his elaborate dresses, and did not disappoint with his Fall 2015 collection. We love the royal blue shade of this flowing gown, which almost borders on violet with its rich hue. The lace detail around the bust and waist define this ladylike yet bold silhouette.
Photo: Costello Tagliapietra Fall 2015 Ready-to-Wear (Style.com)
3) A sleek pale blue blouse with suspenders and trousers at Costello Tagliapietra: At Costello Tagliapietra, a sleek menswear inspired style was in full effect. The light blue shade of this blouse is a winning contrast against the grey suspenders and high-waisted teal trousers.
Photo: Marissa Webb Fall 2015 Ready-to-Wear (Style.com)
4) A feminine pale pink suit at Marissa Webb: In a shift away from her signature urban street style with a hint of attitude, designer Marissa Webb made a statement with this pale pink suit on the runway. The cropped, double-breasted jacket with striking black buttons and a faint pink blouse add a cool twist to office style, while the matching loose trousers are a welcome change from skintight silhouettes.
Photo: Honor Fall 2015 Ready-to-Wear (Style.com)
5) A charming neutral knit ensemble with bold purple tights at Honor: At Honor, jewel-toned violet tights transform a bulky jacket and matching skirt with embellished pockets into a lively look. The touch of purple is a playful colour which brings an otherwise subtle outfit to life.
Free to join! Get the hottest fashion, beauty and celebrity news, enter exclusive subscriber giveaways and be the first to receive the full digital version of REAL STYLE magazine every month.