It’s Kate Moss’ Birthday – Her Top 5 Iconic Fashion Moments
With today marking British supermodel Kate Moss’ 41st birthday, we’ve decided to take a fashion-forward trip back in time to admire her most eye-catching fashion moments. From her seductive 1992 ad for Calvin Klein to her appearance on the Versace catwalk in a wedding inspired look, here’s our guide to the model’s best looks over the years.
Photo: ZERO MAGAZINE (@_ZEROmagazine) on Twitter
1) When she made a sultry statement in light wash denim and black boots for her famous 1992 Calvin Klein campaign: When 16-year-old Kate Moss appeared in her iconic Calvin Klein ad alongside actor Mark Wahlberg, she captured the style spirit of the 1990s. With her light wash denim and edgy black boots, this grungy yet seductive look helped to make her a famous face.
Photo: Harper’s Bazaar UK (@BazaarUK) on Twitter
2) When she stepped out in a grey miniskirt and fur-trimmed white coat with Naomi Campbell: With her fellow supermodel Naomi Campbell, Moss looks chic in this snap from the London Fashion Week Designer of the Year Awards in 1991. Her playful grey miniskirt, fitted white top and oversized white coat with fur trim are a timeless ensemble.
Photo: VOGUE.CO.UK (@BritishVogue) on Twitter
3) When she dazzled in sheer black lace and matching black stilettos for British Vogue: With her sheer black lace bodysuit and black lace heels, this Brigitte Bardot inspired photo shoot for British Vogue marked the blonde bombshell’s 40th birthday last year. The trendsetter showcased her enviable legs in the La Perla suit, as a leopard print fur coat lay by her side on the sofa.
Photo: NET-A-PORTER.COM (@NETAPORTER) on Twitter
4) When she made a glamorous statement in a high-collar black and silver frock for The Edit: While the model is usually devoted to her typical sultry ensembles with a racy edge, this high-collar tiered black dress with silver detail is a striking change. Moss wore this shimmering frock for a 2013 photo shoot with artist Mat Collishaw for The Edit.
Photo: Daily Kate Moss (@DailyKM) on Twitter
5) When she stole the runway at Versace in a gleaming metallic shift dress and wedding veil in 1995: As a young model, Moss appeared on the Versace runway in 1995 wearing a sleeveless silver dress and flowing white veil. Not only do we love the contrast of a metallic shade with soft white, we’re also coveting her silver earrings for a fierce yet feminine look.
Free to join! Get the hottest fashion, beauty and celebrity news, enter exclusive subscriber giveaways and be the first to receive the full digital version of REAL STYLE magazine every month.