How To Wear Culottes
Photo from Twitter
Culottes may seem like a difficult trend to pull off, with the pants hitting an in-between point of the calf. They’re not quite shorts and not capri’s, these posh pants are in a category all it’s own.
Revived from the ’80s, culottes have been transformed by multiple designers, who have put their own personal touches on the piece. Gucci, J Crew and Alice + Olivia all sent out the standout shorts during their Spring runways. Celebs and bloggers also love the unique bottoms. Lili Aldridge, Miroslava Duma, Rita Ora and Victoria Beckham have all sported the trend.
How do you style the wide three-quarter length trousers? Here are some tips:
1. Pick a pair in a neutral tone for easier styling. Think black, white, navy and grey.
2. Balance out the bulkiness of the pant by pairing them with a tight-fit shirt or crop top.
3. The length of the culottes could make your legs appear shorter, so wearing some platform sandals or heels would help elongate the leg.
4. If flats are more your thing, just be sure they are pointed toe to create a similar effect of a heel.
5. Culottes can be treated as an a-line skirt, as they have a similar shape, making them evening wear appropriate. Look for a culotte jumpsuit to create a skirt-like effect. (Shop it: Tibi Halcyon Strapless Cropped Taffeta Jumpsuit)
For more trendy culotte options, check out the styles below to shop now!
1. ASOS Vila Wide Leg Culottes In Scarf Print – $74.57
2. Nasty Gal Elan Culottes – $42.21
3. OSTWALD HELGASON cropped culottes – $649.15
4. TIBI Pleated leather culottes – $1,100
Free to join! Get the hottest fashion, beauty and celebrity news, enter exclusive subscriber giveaways and be the first to receive the full digital version of REAL STYLE magazine every month.