Sole Mates: 6 Tips for Finding your Perfect Nude Pump
Finding the perfect nude pump to add to your shoe collection can be a tricky activity, but luckily for fashionistas everywhere the royal heel highness Christian Louboutin has recently launched a capsule collection celebrating nude heels. Christian Louboutin believes every woman should own at least one pair of shoes that closely match the color of her skin. A nude pump can be easily transitioned into seasons, and can complement any ensemble. The range is available in five shades, starting in a fair blush to a rich chestnut hue. To commemorate the new collection, the designer is also introducing a free Nudes App, which opens with an animated wheel of spinning legs. Using the app, you can take a photo of your foot and find the shade that most perfectly matches your skin tone. With the spectrum of colors there is certainly a pump for everyone, but unfortunately they come at a cost. While some of us cannot afford his lavish and ultra-luxe leather creations, there are alternatives that will have you looking stylish and sophisticated without his signature red sole. Below we have tips for buying, and tips for wearing this always on trend and classic closet accessory.
Related: Fashion Find Louboutin Pump
Tips for Buying:
1. Nude heels can work for every skin tone, and matching the hues can be a lot like finding your perfect red lipstick. Don’t be afraid to frequent several shoe shops, and try on as many as you need. Styles, heel heights, and hues will make all the difference when discovering your new sole mate. If you have darker skin, opt for a chocolate, camel, or tan pair.
2. The nude hue you select should be a close match to your skin, but not spot on. Choosing a pump that is slightly darker than your skin, or perhaps lighter will only enhance your outfit rather than distracting, or taking all of the credit.
3. Finding fun embellishments will modernize this classic wardrobe staple. Textures such as animal prints, spikes, or investing in a shiny patent will be playful addition to your wardrobe.
Related: How To Go Nude
Tips for Wearing:
4. The reason why this shoe will remain in your closet as a classic is because of its simple colour. This is a neutral variation much like a black pump and can be paired with almost anything. Just ask Anna Wintour, as this iconic Editor apparently wears the same strappy nude pump that was made-to-measure since 1994. Of course, being chic and sophisticated we can only assume she has several editions of this Manolo Blahnik pointy-toe slingback.
5. Nude heels are known to lengthen the line of the leg like no other. This hue will play as an extension of your leg versus a bright and bold accessory that can often shorten the silhouette.
6. This classic color will be a timeless staple, and can spice up any outfit. Although minimal in its appearance it has great impact when wearing all black. This shoe can take you from the daytime all the way through the late hours of the night. Pair it with a tan colored bag, and bright pops of ultra-luxe accessories, and you will look refined and ready to take on your day.
Related: Inside The Louboutin Exhibit
Free to join! Get the hottest fashion, beauty and celebrity news, enter exclusive subscriber giveaways and be the first to receive the full digital version of REAL STYLE magazine every month.