5 Perfect Plaid Pieces Under $99
Plaid is so much more than school uniform basic this season as designers like Phillip Lim piled it on with edgy leather, cool styling and modern attention to detail. From punk and grunge looks to polished prep pairings, check into fashion for fall with our plaid picks all $99 and under. For a young look that amps up the statement of the Scottish tradition, wear pieces together or separate, layered or alone, and in all different textures.
1. Outer Grace. A plaid overcoat like this budget friendly H&M topper keeps you on trend and is surprisingly versatile. Layered over a cute slouchy knit and leather trousers, or topping off a pretty lace skirt and sheer blouse, this coat will stand the test of fall.
2. Short Do. Shorts for fall? You bet. Pick a pair of trouser-esque bottoms in tartan from Topshop and don a cute cropped cable knit and tights. Edgy booties and a messy ponytail will keep this look fresh.
3. Hand It Over. Keep your checks at hand with a leather accented Asos clutch. Pair it with your other plaid pieces for a true fashion statement that with plaid, this season more is more is more.
4. Ankle Craze. A wedge ankle bootie tempts the comfort senses but is nothing less than chic in menswear inspired tweed and rustic leather. We love these booties with a cuffed skinny jean, moto jacket and cozy scarf.
5. It Couldn’t Skirt. This piece wouldn’t hurt to have in any fall wardrobe. As a staple, it can go with a blouse and pumps for work or a graphic tee and flats for play, but can make a statement with a stiletto and crop-top for a night out.
Free to join! Get the hottest fashion, beauty and celebrity news, enter exclusive subscriber giveaways and be the first to receive the full digital version of REAL STYLE magazine every month.