Green’s In! 5 Eco-Conscious Designers We Love
Style is something we think should go without too much thought –REAL style (that’s us!) comes naturally. But that said, the processes and materials that go into the fashion we love needs to become more conscious to lessen the imprint made on the earth and society. These designers are doing just that, using socially and environmentally responsible techniques and sustainable materials to offer us their beautiful designs.
1. Carrie Parry, winner of the Ethical Fashion Forum’s 2011 Innovation Award, designs with a passion for sustainability and wearibility. And it sure shows — in both the beautiful details of the line and ethical practices of its New York-based production process.
2. M. Patmos (Fall 2012 Collection shown above) is the eco-child of designer Marcia Patmos, previously co-designer of LUTZ & PATMOS. Winner of the 2011 Lexus Eco-Challenge award for her environmental friendly design practices, Patmos is dedicated to using sustainable fabrics and practices in her line of delightfully simple, understated pieces.
3. Elroy is a Vancouver based line with roots in respect for the environment and the entire fashion process. The line is all whimsy and coziness, through soft, luxurious and eco-friendly fabrics, and versatile, fun and feminine styles.
4. Loomstate is the definition of classic American style with a modern story. This line is all-around conscious, committing to organic farming and responsible manufacturing processes.
5. Nicole Bridger is another Vancouver favourite of ours, with her ethically-sourced materials and dyes and effortlessly pretty, draped pieces. The feminine aesthetic is made even lovelier by the sustainable measures taken in all Nicole’s processes.
[Photo via Style.com]
Free to join! Get the hottest fashion, beauty and celebrity news, enter exclusive subscriber giveaways and be the first to receive the full digital version of REAL STYLE magazine.