Working Out With Style: 5 Fitness Fashion Trends
Exercise wear is fashion-meets-function this season as working out just keeps getting more fashionable. These 5 trends in fitness fashion are the newest craze for celebs, fitness buffs and fashion aficianados alike. Would you sport these for your next get-in-shape session?
1. Designer Gym Bags: Celebs like Nicole Richie (hers is Balenciaga) and Miranda Kerr (she totes Celine) are obsessed with fashion and they even carry it along to the gym in the form of high-end designer gym totes like this 3.1 Phillip Lim duffel. We say if you’ve got the means, go for it, but we’ll stick to our old easy-to-grab gym carry-all.
2. Shocking Sneakers: Electric neon hues, vibrant shine and colour blocking are the biggest trends in fitness footwear this season. These Adidas shocking blue and green running shoes are certainly eye-catching, and we can’t help but love the appeal of having a little extra shine for our sweat sesh. (As if the sweat wasn’t enough!)
3. Sports Skirts: Not just for afternoon tennis matches anymore, athletic skirts are now commonly worn for running and other gym activities. The non-constricting aspect of this white Athleta skort appeals, but would you prefer to leave the mini skirts for Friday night cocktail hour?
4. Yoga/Ballet Flats: Pilates, yoga and ballet fans can get fit in dainty ballet-style flats now with the newest in fitness footwear. More flexible, breathable and slip-on-and-off-able than running shoes, these little crystal-embellished Blake Brody gems seem like the perfect compromise for stretch and destress activities.
5. Crazy 80’s: Wild prints and outlandish eighties-inspired pieces, like crop tops and neon tights, are for the gym goer who doesn’t fear standing out in a crowded class or busy cardio area. We say fitness and fashion should both be fun before anything, so who are we to argue with the retro vibe of this Adidas Originals By Jeremy Scott top?
Free to join! Get the hottest fashion, beauty and celebrity news, enter exclusive subscriber giveaways and be the first to receive the full digital version of REAL STYLE magazine every month.