Retro Fashion Inspired By The Help
Today Kathryn Stockett’s civil rights novel The Help comes alive with the assistance of actresses Emma Stone, Jessica Chastain and Bryce Dallas Howard. As one of the year’s most highly anticipated films, we’ll be lining up at the theatre to check out the retro fashion by costume designer Sharen Davis as much as for the storyline. From kitten heels to the full skirted dresses that modern designers like Marc Jacobs brought to this season’s runway, our picks below were all inspired by the Mad Men-era in which the movie takes place. Put it all together for your own twist on old school Southern style.
SHOP THE LOOK
Click the items below to get our look inspired by The Help:
1. Sears Canada, Diamore 18”, 9-10mm Freshwater Pearl Necklace, $99.95 – Pearls are a classic accessory and a must-have piece for women of all ages.
2. Mod Cloth, Day after Day Dress in Garden, $99.99 – Go retro with a fun floral dress with a full skirt for a fun day out.
3. Asos, Luella Glitter Mirrored Cats Eye Sunglasses, $65.51 – Get inspired with these cat eye sunglasses that will instantly transport your look.
4. Ulta, L’Oreal Elnett Satin Extra Strong Hold Hair Spray, $14.99 – Copy the ladies from The Help and get your retro hair style with a heavy dose of hairspray.
5. Shoebuy, Calvin Klein Diema Pumps, $88.95 – Kitten heels are a cute ladylike way to complete this look.
6. Nordstrom, Kate Spade New York ‘Flower Patch’ Earrings, $46.25 – For more fun feminine jewelry, copy The Help’s leading ladies with a pair of floral earrings.
[Photo via Dreamworks]
Free to join! Get the hottest fashion, beauty and celebrity news, enter exclusive subscriber giveaways and be the first to receive the full digital version of REAL STYLE magazine.