WHAT TO WEAR NOW: More Royal Wedding Cocktail Parties
Should we make it to Queen Elizabeth’s formal reception for William and Kate at Buckingham Palace we’ve put together a sophisticated (yet demure) ensemble inspired by Jason Wu’s spring/summer 2011 collection. We’re loving jewel tones right now and, of course, this amethyst purple is the most regal. To imitate Wu’s catwalk look we chose this stunning Halston Heritage dress. Look familiar? It’s the same one SJP wore in the Sex and the City 2 promotions, only in white.
We played up the look with a pair of gorgeous black platforms, a slick red mani and a vintage-inspired brooch that we’re sure even The Queen herself would envy.
Inspired By Jason Wu Royal Wedding Shopping Guide:
1. Bloomingdale’s, Halston Heritage Deep V-Neck Cocktail Dress, $325.00 – This deep v dress is formal enough to greet the Queen, but remains sexy, flirty and fun for your dance with Prince Harry.
2. Forzieri, AZ Collection Pink Roses Gold Plated Brooch, $219.00 – Add you hint of flowers with a delicate and pretty peach brooch.
3. CND, The Jason Wu Collection Nail Polish, $47.00 (for set of 5) – Since you were inspired by Jason Wu, why not complete your look with his signature Spring nail polish shown in the very line you are mimicking.
4. Sephora, Too Faced Lip Of Luxury Lipstick, $20.00 – Stick with a nude lipstick, so you don’t have to battle with the brightly coloured dress.
5. Shoebuy, Bordello Genie, $109.95 – This little black sandal is fashionable, but not too over the top for your event with the Queen.
[Photo via Style.com]
Free to join! Get the hottest fashion, beauty and celebrity news, enter exclusive subscriber giveaways and be the first to receive the full digital version of REAL STYLE magazine every month.