WHAT TO WEAR: On A Winter Night Out
Winter cocktail events can cause a serious sartorial dilemma: style or warmth? Because even once you’re indoors, bare shoulders in the middle of sub-zero temperatures somehow doesn’t seem right. So when we spotted this look from the DKNY Resort 2011 collection, a light bulb went off. Little evening numbers do not have to be relegated to the back of the closet ’til spring! Cop this unexpected style cue and wear a simple button-up shirt underneath a sleeveless dress for an unexpected twist and additional cozy layer. A regal gold & black colour combo and intricately patterned tights keep the look evening-appropriate. Here are our picks for a glam winter evening:
What To Wear Shopping Guide:
1. Bluefly, Aryn K Blouse, $49.00 – This light airy blouse will give you an extra layer on your romantic night out.
2. Yoox, French Connection Short Dress, $89.00 – Start your look with a strapless mini that will take you right into summer.
3. Max & Chloe, M. Flynn Smoky Topaz Flower Earrings, $88.00 – These petite flower earrings add a touch of gold to your date outfit.
4. Nordstrom, Tasha Mesh Covered Sequin Box Clutch, $81.16 – Shine with a metallic clutch that can be added to any look that needs a boost.
5. Heels, Report Signature Ellis Shoe, $125.99 – A pair of cute patent oxfords are a stylish and maybe, unexpected, way to pull your date outfit together.
[Photo via DKNY – Get this look online at DKNY]
Free to join! Get the hottest fashion, beauty and celebrity news, enter exclusive subscriber giveaways and be the first to receive the full digital version of REAL STYLE magazine every month.