What To Wear Now: Summer To Fall Dressing
We at Real Style Network are not quite ready to say goodbye to some of our favorite summer pieces – think floral dresses and straw fedoras – and thanks to fall’s nomadic layering trend, we don’t have to. A recurring theme in fall collections from Catherine Malandrino to Rag & Bone to John Galliano, seasonless dressing is a practical trend with only one evident rule: pile it on with layers. Topped with a boho vest and cozy knit cardigan, summer dresses are the perfect foundation piece for fall’s Indian summer. Boots and deep colours (especially brown, grey and red) are essential additions to keep the look grounded. Here are our picks to transition your summer dress to fall:
What to wear shopping guide:
1. Bluefly, Shoshanna Floral Chiffon Halter Dress, $169.99 – A pale floral dress is a feminine way to say goodbye to summer fashion.
2. Tilley Endurables, Town Raffia Hat, $95.00 – Our fashion find Tilley hat is perfect to look stylish on a day in the vineyard.
3. Forzieri, Swarovski Crystal Clip On Earrings, $222.50 – Even if you don’t normally wear earrings you can add these sparkling crystals to your outfit.
4. Delia’s, Luca Bow Vest, $34.50 – A cute knit vest adds boho style to your daytrip fashion.
5. Topshop, Gem Beaded Waistcoat, $65.00 – This beaded vest gives you added shine and boho interest to the outfit.
6. Piperlime, Big Buddha London Handbag, $95.00 – A tan and gold handbag finishes a chic look.
7. Ebags, Fossil Flap Tote, $148.00 – Add a pop of colour to your outfit with a red leather handbag.
Free to join! Get the hottest fashion, beauty and celebrity news, enter exclusive subscriber giveaways and be the first to receive the full digital version of REAL STYLE magazine every month.