SUMMER FASHION: How To Find Swimwear That Suits Your Body
There is one aspect of summer fashion that no woman looks forward to year after year – finding the perfect swimwear. It can be hard to know what type of suit will best flatter your body type best. Real Style Network spoke to the owners of Melmira Bra & Swim Boutique about this very problem. Melmira specializes in finding you the perfect swimsuit for your body, so they know what flatters all body types. Here are Melmira’s tips on finding the perfect swimsuit for your body type:
Athletic (boxy shoulders, muscular legs)
• In a full piece, look for suits that have details that create definition for the waistline. Placement prints, jewelry, and surplus designs all help to bring some shape to the torso. Rounded and halter necklines can also soften strong shoulders.
• Look for detail that adds definition to the torso. Hipsters and halters add beautiful dimension and curve, and are very feminine.
• Seafolly Maui collection in Cinder. A halter and hipster creates beautiful curves on an athletic frame.
• Depending on whether you consider your bust line to be an asset or insecurity, all women appreciate looking taller and slimmer. Generally the more support provided, that is for the bust to be lifted upwards and inwards, the longer the torso will appear thereby providing a slimming effect. Pay attention to comfort, support and coverage.
• Freya by Fantasie makes cup sized swimwear, which offers the best support to the top, thus minimizing the bust line and accentuating the waist.
• If a woman isn’t concerned about her waist line, it’s usually her hips and thighs that she’s afraid to show off at the beach! Good news ladies, the 50’s look is back in style! A skirted bottom, provided it’s a short cute length, is a very hot look right now and a real comfort zone for the self conscious customer!
• Seafolly Goddess collection in cinder. The bandeau balances a full bottom, and as little coverage as comfortable on the bottom creates the illusion of a smaller bottom.
• Smaller more dense mini prints or geometrics prove fashionable and elegant, without the body disappearing beneath. Plunging necklines and halters lengthen the body, creating the illusion of height. Be careful not to overwhelm your body.
• Seafolly Capri collection. The stripes, moulding, and tie-sides add shape, while the thin strap and small stripes are in balance with a petite frame.
The perfect 10 (Well-proportioned)
• Choose a variety of styles and colours, and don’t just stick to bikinis! Full pieces are often more sexy than a bikini, especially with deep plunging necklines and cut outs. Have fun with colours and prints, keeping in mind that most Canadians buy too much black. Once you get to the beach you’ll find yourself wishing you were celebrating the vibrant colours of summer.
• Shan Jasmina collection. A cut-out celebrates the female form, but allows for very little forgiveness. A perfectly balanced woman who is very confident looks incredible in this style.
Get all of the above looks at Melmira Bra & Swim Boutique in Toronto.
Free to join! Get the hottest fashion, beauty and celebrity news, enter exclusive subscriber giveaways and be the first to receive the full digital version of REAL STYLE magazine every month.