WHAT TO WEAR: Retro Glam – Mad Men Inspired Fashion
Last night the hot tv show Mad Men had it’s season premiere. The show has made the early 60’s, oh so in fashion and has inspired the return to ‘retro glamour look’ all over again. As the girls drool for Don Draper and the boys drool for his clothes, Mad Men and for some mad women are making us nostalgic for the smoke and drink your heart out era while looking oh so glam. The nipped in waists, full skirts and sheath dresses have made a return to fashion for the fall and if you haven’t yet noticed men’s suits are slim and the ties even slimmer. Mad Men show didn’t invent 60’s fashion but has definitely played a role in bringing it back. To celebrate it’s return here are out fashion picks for affordable ways to get the look inspired by the fashion trends from Mad Men:
Mad Men Fashion Trends Shopping Guide:
1. Get a true vintage dress from the 1960’s from Shrimpton Couture. This Metallic Floral Dance Dress is a look that you will see over and over on the Mad Men screen.
2. Banana Republic is working with Mad Men to bring 60’s style back into your closet. Get this Monogram Essential Black Suit ($750.00) for a look that never goes out of style.
3. Get the seductive secretary look from Mad Men’s Christina Hendricks with this Stop Staring Red Paris Wiggle Dress ($140.00) This retro style dress is perfect to show off your curves.
4. Find yourself a classic Pearl Necklace ($26.99) at an affordable price to complete your ladylike look.
5. Pearl earrings are a staple for the 60’s fashion trends. These Kenneth Jay Lane Shell Pearl Stud Earrings ($40.00) are an affordable way to get this ladylike fashion trend.
6. For a night on the town, try this Lotusgrace Taffeta Party Dress ($513.03). This jewel toned cocktail dress has the retro-inspired nipped in waist and sheath top for a modern spin on the classic dress.
7. For a casual day out this Beach Picnic Dress ($99.99) has the perfect amount of retro inspiration. Nude is a modern fashion trend, but this dress was made for Mad Men.
8. Brooks Brothers provides the stylish wardrobe for the men on Mad Men. Get a Brooks Brother Three Piece Suit ($658.80) to know you have a Mad Men original.
Free to join! Get the hottest fashion, beauty and celebrity news, enter exclusive subscriber giveaways and be the first to receive the full digital version of REAL STYLE magazine.