CANADA STYLE: Canadian Fashion For Canada Day
To celebrate Canada Day, Real Style Network wanted to bring you some Canada Style with some of our favourite Canadian fashion designers and retailers. Big cities like Paris and New York may be the fashion capitals of the world, but Canada has its own set of top notch designers. Canadian designers like Mark Fast and Erdem are turning the fashion eye on this country to see what our Canada style is made of. For Canada Day, why not support some of our homegrown talent. Here are Real Style Network’s Canada Picks from Greta Constantine, DSquared2, Andy The-Anh, Pink Tartan, and more of our favourite Canada Style:
Canada Style Canadian Fashion Shopping Guide:
1. This dress from one of our favourite Canada Style fashion designers Greta Constantine would be perfect for any summer fashion event.
2. Accessory designer Jenny Bird is making a name for herself in fashion at a young age. These Shoulder Sweepers Earrings ($150.00) show you why.
3. Get a casual summer look like this floral tank and pants from Canadian fashion design team Comrags.
4. You can’t talk about Canadian fashion without mentioning DSquared2. As one of the biggest names in Canadian fashion Dean and Dan Caten are at the top of the fashion world. Get these quirky DSquared2 shoes ($435.00) to show off your Canada Style.
5. While looking for new Canadian fashion designers, we found this Matt & Nat Santogold – Stellar Vegan Handbag ($185.00). Matt & Nat is a great eco-friendly company creating amazing handbags and accessories out of reused materials such as water bottles and vegan friendly fabrics.
6. Canadian designer Rudsak is the experts when it comes to leather in Canada. This Classic Gathered Satchel ($260.00) is just one example of the leather handbags they expertly craft here at home.
7. Canadian jewelry designer Dean Davidson has been getting attention around the world from fashion magazines like WWD and Vogue. Pick up his Silver Aquamarine Bangle ($425.00) before everyone knows his name.
8. Pink Tartan is one of our favourite Canadian fashion designers here. This Trench Dress ($395.00) is trendy, chic and sophisticated.
9. Get a unique jacket from Canadian fashion designers Mackage. This leather Evita Jacket ($385.00) is stylish and ready to give your outfit an edgy finish.
10. When you shop at Aldo you are supporting Canadian retailers. With shoes like this Seacrest Heel ($90.00) it makes supporting Canadian fashion easy.
11. For sophisticated summer fashion, check out fashion designer Andy The-Anh’s summer collection to get a beautiful blouse with his beautiful tailoring.
Free to join! Get the hottest fashion, beauty and celebrity news, enter exclusive subscriber giveaways and be the first to receive the full digital version of REAL STYLE magazine every month.