Earth Day: Real Style Eco-Friendly And Organic Clothing Fashion Picks
Thursday is Earth Day meaning everything will be going green this week. Finding organic and eco-friendly clothing is easier than ever. More and more mainstream stores and fashion designers are going green and are choosing to work with fabrics that are more eco-friendly and/or organic. Better yet eco-friendly clothing is getting more fashionable as well, for example see this gorgeous organic wool wrap jacket from Behnaz Sarafpour. All of this is a really good thing for the environment and fashion lovers alike! Real Style has found great affordable eco-friendly and organic clothing, purses and accessories that will make Mother Nature happy. See our fashion picks for Earth Day:
1. Get this LIV GRN t-shirt to show you are doing your part. LIV GRN makes all of their t-shirts with earth sustaining materials, so you will look cute and are keeping the earth clean. They donate 10% of all profits to Global Green who are working to change the environmental problems we are facing today. Find a store near you that sells LIV GRN shirts on their website.
2. Find this look from Canadian fashion designer Nicole Bridger’s Spring/Summer 2010 collection. Nicole Bridger is one of Canada’s top sustainable fashion designers. She ensures that her clothes are make of sustainable fabrics and supports fair trade. This look is a great day time weekend outfit for the spring. Buy Nicole Bridger clothing online here. (Real Style Top Fashion Pick!)
3. Get this outfit from the Orange by Angela Chan collection. The Orange by Angela Chan clothes are fashion forward and eco-friendly. She uses organic fabrics in her pieces to create this adorable skirt and top combo that is cocktail party ready. Find where to buy the Elyse Top in Black ($70) and Jolie Skirt ($195) on her website. (Real Style Top Fashion Pick)
4. This little Lily Purse ($149.00) is practical, beautiful and 100% organic. Made with organic cotton, PVC free vegan leather and a recycled lining, this handbag is eco-friendly and chic. It’s a celebrity choice when looking for an organic bag. As you can see from the photo, actress Helen Mirren has been seen with this Lily handbag. Click here to see more from Eco-Handbags.ca, a great resource to find an earth friendly, fashionable purse on Earth Day.
5. Find this Garland Kading Tank Dress ($90.00 on sale) From EDUN*, for those warm summer days. This summer dress is made from 100% organic cotton. It’s not only good for the earth, it makes a great little summer dress as well. Wear with flats for everyday or dress up with heels and accessories (try with the new cork wedges).
6. H&M’s new organic Garden Collection has some really great pieces. We have chosen this bright, floral print tunic dress and you can find a lot more at the Garden Collection. All of the fabrics used in the new collection are organic and they are affordable. There is a reason why H&M is so successful. Fashionable, affordable and good for nature! (Real Style Top Fashion Pick!)
7. Forget plastic bags. In fact if you are serious about conservation, try not to use them at all! Instead get a very stylish reuseable tote for the summer. Totes come in all styles and price points depending on what you need. We have chosen an Earth Axxessories Classic Leaf Tote ($23.99) so you can carry your things with style.
8. This Brazilian Sunshine Palm Bracelet ($37.95) combines the natural look of palm with the shine of gold. This is a funky bracelet that will pair nicely with a summer look for a day on the beach. Channels the whole tribal, ethnic look as well.
*Our pick 5 is from EDUN, an eco friendly fashion line that also aids in creating sustainable development in Africa. The initiative was started by Bono and Ali Hewson. EDUN have more great clothing, accessories and 30 to 50% sale on spring clothing going on right now!
Free to join! Get the hottest fashion, beauty and celebrity news, enter exclusive subscriber giveaways and be the first to receive the full digital version of REAL STYLE magazine every month.