5 Things You Didn’t Know About Kate Upton
With her upcoming role as Amber in the romantic comedy The Other Woman (hitting theatres on Friday, April 25th), we’re looking forward to seeing bodacious blonde Kate Upton on the silver screen. Her famous Sports Illustrated covers in 2012 and 2013 might have helped launch her career as a famed bikini beauty, but there is still much to know about the 21-year-old sensation. Here are five things we bet you didn’t know about Kate Upton:
1) She loves horses: Before making a splash as a well-known model, Florida-raised Kate Upton was an equestrian who would enter competitions. In fact, according to a 2012 interview with GQ, she even has a tattoo of a horseshoe on her wrist- perfect for always keeping her passion close at hand!
2) Is a major fan of natural beauty: With her wholesome smile, girl-next-door golden locks, and glowing skin, it’s natural to think that it takes plenty of effort to look like this much of a natural beauty. In a March interview with Vogue, she reveals that she’s been a fan of Bobbi Brown Cosmetics since watching her mom and sisters apply their products while she was growing up. While she’s now the beautiful new face of Bobbi Brown herself, the lovely Miss Upton still prefers a basic hint of the brand’s blush and mascara, as opposed to embracing the pancake look.
3) Was approached by a modelling scout at age 12: While many girls are dreaming of fame and fortune in middle school, the blonde bombshell was approached by a modelling scout at age 12. Although she was at a horse show at the time, she took a chance on modelling later. It seems like it’s worked out for her so far- keep it up, Kate!
4) Avoids red meat in her diet: The swimsuit star told Vogue in 2013 that while she eats fish and chicken along with tons of fresh veggies, she avoids red meat. After all, it must take both effort and an incredibly healthy diet to maintain her figure. The health-conscious Upton makes it a priority to eat well, especially before shoots.
5) Is a client of trainer David Kirsch: The celebrity personal trainer shared Kate Upton’s intense fitness regime with Shape magazine in 2013. We’re sure that it’s not an easy feat to prepare for a Sports Illustrated cover, but her cardio and body-sculpting boot camp with Kirsch definitely played a role! With a mix of kick boxing, weights, and sprinting, this cover girl has always been devoted to her workout.
Photo: Kate Upton on Instagram
Free to join! Get the hottest fashion, beauty and celebrity news, enter exclusive subscriber giveaways and be the first to receive the full digital version of REAL STYLE magazine.