Most Controversial Stars of 2013
Like every year before, 2013 has had its share of drama and controversy in Hollywood. We look back on the stars who took up permanent space in the gossip pages this year, and kept all the tabloids in business with their tales of exploits and eccentric behaviour. Here’s our guide to the most controversial celebs of the year:
1) Miley Cyrus: With her startling performance (to put it mildly) at this year’s VMAs, Miley Cyrus received more press by her 21st birthday than most people do in a lifetime! Whether she was twerking on stage with her short hair in pigtails, or posing suggestively in the nude as part of her music video, it was clear that this year kept the Wrecking Ball singer in the spotlight
2) Amanda Bynes: The once talented and beloved child star has suffered through a highly dramatic and depressing year. Whether it was hurling insults at her fellow stars over Twitter or being placed into the custody of her parents, the troubled 27-year-old quickly fell into a downward spiral this year.
3) Justin Bieber: At just 19, Justin Bieber has seen his fair share of controversial moments already. Whether it was saying that Anne Frank would have been a “Belieber” back in April, spitting on fans, being spotted drinking underage, or having his bodyguards carry him while visiting the Great Wall of China, the young star seemed to be involved in a new scandal almost every day.
4) Kim Kardashian: From her infamous relationship with Kanye to the birth of the couple’s daughter North West in June, every moment of Kim’s life as a mama was documented this year (from weight gain to hair colour changes to more pressing Kardashian family matters).
5) Rihanna: Whether it was taking legal action against Topshop in the summer (and later winning her case) or posing in front of the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque in Abu Dhabi, the 25-year-old Stay singer was constantly in the spotlight this year for her controversial moments.
Free to join! Get the hottest fashion, beauty and celebrity news, enter exclusive subscriber giveaways and be the first to receive the full digital version of REAL STYLE magazine every month.