Former Teen Stars Who Have Made It
While current teen stars such as 19-year-old Justin Bieber continue to shock us with controversial behaviour every day, there are a few familiar faces in Hollywood who have also grown up and come of age while under the spotlight. Here’s a look back at a few stars who are still successful and famous long after their carefree teen years have ended:
1) Britney Spears: Although the 31-year-old former X Factor judge went through a rough patch after fading from the spotlight a bit (a party girl phase, several relationships, her marriage and eventual divorce from Kevin Federline), it seems the Princess of Pop managed to keep her career on track. Britney is now working on a new album, and is expected to have her anticipated latest single Work Bitch out on September 16.
2) Christina Aguilera: The 32-year-old blonde beauty became famous after appearing on The Mickey Mouse Club, and later skyrocketed to fame with her self-titled album Christina Aguilera in 2000 at age 18. She is now a celebrity coach on The Voice, collaborated with Pitbull earlier this year for Feel This Moment, and recently appeared on the cover of Maxim.
3) Justin Timberlake: How can we forget former teen heartthrob Justin Timberlake? The 32-year-old has stayed incredibly relevant in the music industry, with hit singles like Mirrors and Suit and Tie taking over charts this year. With a fashion line (William Rast) and movie roles (Friends With Benefits alongside Mila Kunis), it’s clear that Justin has come far from his ‘NSync days.
4) Mila Kunis: As edgy young trendsetter Jackie Burkhart, Mila Kunis was a hit on That 70s Show at the tender age of 14. The 30-year-old brunette beauty has had a wide range of movie roles since then, starring in movies like Black Swan, Ted, and the upcoming Blood Ties.
5) Natalie Portman: Now 32, classic beauty Natalie Portman got her start in Hollywood in 1994’s Léon: The Professional as a teen actress, eventually working her way into larger roles such as the Star Wars saga and ballet thriller Black Swan.
Related: Hollywood’s Top 10 Under 20
Free to join! Get the hottest fashion, beauty and celebrity news, enter exclusive subscriber giveaways and be the first to receive the full digital version of REAL STYLE magazine every month.