San Diego Comic Con Attracts More Then Just Geeks
It used to be that walking into a comic con would mean browsing rows and rows of vendors trying to sell comic books, comic book publishers showcasing what is to come in the next year, and a few tables at the back where comic book fans could meet the artists and writers of their favourite series. Not anymore. Now major movie studios bring top stars of their upcoming movies, celebrities host panels so they can talk to their fans, and directors talk about their upcoming projects.
This year you can:
– sit in on a panel with Will Farrell, Tina Fey, and Jonah Hill as they discuss their upcoming animated adventure Megamind
– watch exclusive footage of Tron: Legacy, and hear stars Jeff Bridges, Olivia Wilde, Michael Sheen, and Bruce Boxleitner talk about the movie. The directors of both the old and new movie will be there as well
– be on hand for the Scott Pilgram Vs. The World showcase, with stars Michael Cera, Kieran Culkin, Anna Kendrick, Jason Schwartzman and Mae Whitman
– have Tacos with the stars of Machette, including Michelle Rodriguez
– sit in on panels with J.J. Abrams and Joss Wheadon, the cast and crew of Green Hornet, Green Lantern, and True Blood
If you’ve never been to one of these shows you’ll be surprised at how many people come out, and how big of a deal it has become. Some people criticize how much Hollywood has taken over the show, but it’s all in good fun. Keep your eyes peeled here at Real Style Network’s Celebrity Blog for any breaking news that may happen over the course of the weekend.
Free to join! Get the hottest fashion, beauty and celebrity news, enter exclusive subscriber giveaways and be the first to receive the full digital version of REAL STYLE magazine every month.