8 Easy Ways To Get A Better Night’s Sleep Tonight
We all benefit from a good night’s sleep. A restful night does wonders for the body. Sleep allows the body to restore, repair and rejuvenate itself. It’s also considered one of the best (and easiest ways) to improve mood, productivity and even your appearance. See below for some helpful tips and easy ways to get a better night’s sleep tonight.
1. Try tea. Tea before bedtime can help soothe the body and mind. Great options include Pukka Night Time, The Republic of Tea’s get some zzz’s and any type of chamomile tea.
2. Aim for a consistent bedtime. Your body will appreciate a consistent bedtime schedule. The Mayo Clinic advises keeping a consistent routine to encourage the body’s natural sleep-wake cycle.
3. Get some exercise. Regular exercise can improve stress and anxiety levels and assist in a faster and better quality of sleep.
4. Limit caffeine intake. Caffeine in the evening can cause havoc on sleep cycle (especially if you’re not used to it). Caffeine is a stimulant so its best to avoid consuming it within at least 4 hours of bedtime.
5. Keep your room dark. Light (even those from electronic devices) can make it difficult for the body to fall into a deep sleep.
6. Try to Avoid naps. To promote good sleep quality, if you must nap, aim for quick shut-eye that’s no longer than 30 minutes.
7. Avoid late-night big meals or snacks. WebMD advises that they overload your digestive system, which affects how well you sleep. Have a light evening snack of cereal with milk or crackers and cheese instead.
8. Don’t Smoke. Nicotine is a stimulant and is commonly associated with poor sleep habits.
Free to join! Get the hottest fashion, beauty and celebrity news, enter exclusive subscriber giveaways and be the first to receive the full digital version of REAL STYLE magazine every month.