Canadian Makeup Artists To Follow On Instagram
While international makeup artists like British sensation Charlotte Tilbury are well known for their impressive skills with an eyeshadow brush, there are also quite a few Canadians who are making a splash in the beauty world. From Maybelline Canada lead makeup artist Grace Lee to Cosmetic Art host Rita Stirpe, here are the top Canuck makeup gurus to follow on Instagram now.
Photo: graceleebeauty on Instagram
1) Grace Lee: Born in Korea and based in Toronto, the 40-year-old mother of two became the lead makeup artist for Maybelline New York Canada in 2012. With 17 years of makeup experience, Lee runs the makeup team backstage at Toronto World MasterCard Fashion Week every season, is a guest expert on Cityline and has worked with stars like Taylor Schilling and Gigi Hadid. Her Instagram account boasts over 6,600 followers- and offers a peek Maybelline beauty events and her latest makeup looks.
Photo: mrjaymanuel on Instagram
2) Jay Manuel: The 42-year-old makeup artist and former director of photo shoots for America’s Next Top Model was born in Chicago, but adopted and raised by a Toronto family. Manuel launched his Jay Manuel Beauty line in March, and is known for his own perfect tan skin. With 328,000 followers, Manuel shares flawless selfies, snapshots from his makeup collection and glossy behind the scenes photos on his Instagram.
Photo: annanenoiu on Instagram
3) Anna Nenoiu: The 41-year-old Toronto-based celebrity makeup artist attended York University for Fine Arts, and later moved to Los Angeles to work with BMG Music. Nenoiu is known for editorial spreads in magazines (including Bazaar Thailand, American Vogue and FASHION) and advertising campaigns for brands like Armani and Garnier. With celebrity clients who include Lady Gaga and Carly Rae Jepsen, look out for backstage celeb snapshots and photos from Nenoiu’s jetsetting adventures on her Instagram account.
Photo: makeupartbyrita on Instagram
4) Rita Stirpe: The Concord, Ontario-based makeup artist has 12 years of experience in the makeup biz, is a graduate of Toronto’s Marvel Beauty School and also hosts Cosmetic Art on Rogers TV. She is known for her Canadian celebrity clients like host Traci Moore from Cityline, singer Fefe Dobson and Degrassi actress Cristine Prosperi. Keep an eye out for beauty tips, bridal makeup looks and editorial photo shoots on her Instagram (which has over 7,300 followers).
Photo: luckymakeup on Instagram
5) Lucky Bromhead: With over two decades of makeup experience, Bromhead is the former head makeup artist for MTV Canada and also works backstage at Toronto World MasterCard Fashion Week. The seasoned guru has worked with stars like Zooey Deschanel and Cyndi Lauper, and is currently a personal makeup artist to Catherine O’Hara on Schitt’s Creek and Jessi Cruickshank from Canada’s Smartest Person. It’s no surprise that she boasts over 5,800 Instagram followers.
Free to join! Get the hottest fashion, beauty and celebrity news, enter exclusive subscriber giveaways and be the first to receive the full digital version of REAL STYLE magazine every month.