Wedding Day Manicure Ideas To Try
While you may have the bridal gown of your dreams picked out and the hairstylist already booked, it’s also important to have a flawless manicure as you walk down the aisle. Although traditional French tips have been a mainstay for wedding manicures, Summer 2015’s nail looks also point toward pale pinks and pops of gold. From the eye-catching lattice nail art to the understated half moon manicure, here are a few wedding nail ideas to keep in mind.
Photo: essiepolish on Instagram
1) Pink lattice nails: For chic brides who want a shift away from sheer shades and ladylike solid nails, the lattice manicure is a perfect way to bring visual interest into your wedding day look. Apply a slightly darker shade of pink as your main colour. After your coat of polish is dry, use a lighter pink to create a lattice design, by adding stripes of polish across each nail.
Photo: sally_hansen on Instagram
2) Classic pale pinks: If you’re a traditional bride who prefers baby pink hues and simplicity, the season’s blush pink nail trend may be a statement to embrace. Sweet and soft nail looks, like this At The Altar shade by Sally Hansen, will leave the focus on your wedding dress and that elaborate updo.
Photo: opi_products on Instagram
3) Sleek chiffon whites: Minimalist brides will most likely avoid colour and stick to a striking white manicure on their special day. If you’re aiming for pristine nails which will complement your gown, snowy nails are always in style. A sheer white manicure, like OPI’s Chiffon My Mind, offers a clean and crisp aesthetic.
Photo: karengnails on Instagram
4) Light pink nails with sparkling metallic tips: Of course, there’s no official wedding rule which states that touches of gold or sparkling tips are off limits for the big day. Adventurous glamour girls who plan to tie the knot this summer can always combine traditional pastel pink nails with shimmering golden tips. Not only will your nails stand out against a lacy white gown, you’ll also keep the party spirit going throughout the wedding reception.
Photo: deborahlippmann on Instagram
5) Retro half moon nails with peachy colour: If your wedding has a vintage theme, try incorporating decades of the past into your manicure with half moon nails. On the Spring/Summer 2016 bridal runway at Marchesa, nails were polished with Deborah Lippman’s pale pink La Vie En Rose shade to create a half moon look. Meanwhile, a peachy toned Tiny Dancer shade was used on the rest of the fingernail, for a natural nail statement.
Free to join! Get the hottest fashion, beauty and celebrity news, enter exclusive subscriber giveaways and be the first to receive the full digital version of REAL STYLE magazine every month.