Get The Perfect DIY Manicure At Home
Multiple visits to the nail salon can be costly so why not invest in the proper tools to give yourself a nice manicure every few weeks? All you really need are nail buffers and a few shades of good quality nail polish and you’re good to go. This way, you’re sure to save extra cash and you won’t feel like you’ve wasted your money once the polish starts to peel away after a few days.
Here’s how to master the perfect at-home manicure:
1) Make sure your nails are clean of any polish, trimmed and filed.
2) Using a nail buffer, gently buff the surface of each nail. This removes any dead cells and preps for a perfectly smooth coat of polish.
3) Soak your nails in warm, soapy water for two minutes.
4) Gently push your cuticles back with an orange stick.
4) Paint your nails with a base coat and let it dry.
5) Using the colour of your choice, carefully paint the center of your nail with polish with an even stroke. Continue this method carefully on the rest of the nail. We are loving Butter London’s Cake Hole.
6) If you get polish onto your skin, use a cotton swab dipped in remover and dab away at the polish.
7) Let your nails dry completely and add a second coat of polish.
8) Apply a top coat for the perfect gloss.
Tip: To make your nails dry faster and get them super shiny, dip your nails in ice water for as long as you can. Your nails will be instantly dry and beautiful within minutes. The cold water hardens the polish and gives it shine at the same time.
Free to join! Get the hottest fashion, beauty and celebrity news, enter exclusive subscriber giveaways and be the first to receive the full digital version of REAL STYLE magazine every month.