Roundup of SPF-Enriched Foundations For Spring 2015
With inviting sunny days on the horizon once we move past the season of April showers, it’s officially time to pick up a new SPF-enriched foundation. Whether you’re looking for long-lasting wear or lightweight coverage, we’ve gathered a roundup of a few skin-saving foundations to add to your beauty bag this spring.
1) CLINIQUE Even Better Makeup SPF 15, $33: This liquid foundation is boosted with SPF 15 and is available in 29 shades, from a pale Linen to a deep Espresso. The foundation also claims to balance out your skin tone, for an even and glowing complexion, and reduce the look of age spots within four to six weeks.
2) Elizabeth Arden Intervene Foundation Makeup SPF 15, $36: Along with SPF 15 protection, this Elizabeth Arden foundation is also boosted with the antioxidant benefits of Vitamin C and E. The product’s Biodormin technology is made with the extract from the Narcissus Tazetta Bulb plant, which claims to offer anti-aging skin benefits. The foundation comes in shades from a Soft Bronze to a rich Soft Cocoa.
3) PUR MINERALS 4-in-1 Liquid 14 Hour Wear Foundation SPF 15, $36: This vegan-friendly foundation aims for 14 hours of coverage, with a formula which also offers SPF 15. Along with subtle protection from those harmful UV rays, this liquid mineral solution is made with the Ceretin Complex, a combination of ceramides and retinol. Ceramides are waxy lipid molecules which aim to moisturize skin, while retinol is a powerful, wrinkle-fighting form of Vitamin A.
4) Dior Diorskin Nude Air Serum, $53: With shades from Ivory to Mocha, this new SPF 25 foundation serum offers a sheer look. The oil-based and lightweight formula is made with Dior’s Oxygen Activ technology, which combines a mix of hyper-oxygenated oil, cranberry oil, vitamins and minerals. The serum bottle has a dropper attached, which offers a quick makeup application or midday beauty touch-up.
5) Yves Saint Laurent LE TEINT TOUCHE ÉCLAT Illuminating Foundation SPF 19, $62: This illuminating SPF 19 foundation from Yves Saint Laurent highlights your visage, defines contours and claims to smooth the skin tone. The foundation is available in 17 shades, from Beige Dore 10 to a dark Beige 90. It aims for easy buildable coverage, by bringing YSL’s brightening Touche Éclat into a liquid foundation form.
Free to join! Get the hottest fashion, beauty and celebrity news, enter exclusive subscriber giveaways and be the first to receive the full digital version of REAL STYLE magazine every month.