10 Tea Tree Oil Beauty Hacks
Tea tree oil is known for being healing, soothing has over 20 different uses. The oil is extracted from the leaves of a plant, Melaleuca alternifolia, which is grown in Australia. This essential oil is convenient, easy and very versatile.
The Body Shop’s Tea Tree Oil is designed to fight blemishes and its soothing sensation will not dry out skin.
Below are 10 different uses for this tea tree oil.
- As much as popping zits are a big no, you can always apply a bit of this oil to keep that spot cool and calm.
- While shaving, it’s common to get razor burns. Simply swipe the area with a cotton ball dipped in tea tree oil.
- Dilute a few drops of the oil with water and apply to ingrown hair areas. It will reduce swelling and irritation.
- Tea tree oil helps hair growth by nourishing the scalp. Aside from the oil, you can also buy tea tree shampoo.
- Remove your makeup quickly by mixing a few drops of tea tree oil with ¼ cup of canola oil. Sweep over your face with a cotton pad and you’re good to go!
- Winter can be brutal on our nails so relieve those cuticles with about 10 drops of tea tree with equal parts of lavender oil to get those cuticles looking gorgeous just in time for spring!
- Tea tree oil has the power to treat cold sores. A simple and cheap solution!
- Tea tree oil is huge on treating acne and it can be incorporated into your everyday beauty routine. Simply add a few drops of the oil to boiling water as well as a few drops of another favourite essential oil. Massage onto face before bed.
- Mouthwash isn’t the only solution to bad breath! Rinse your mouth with one drop of the oil and one ounce of water.
- After a night out in killer heels, offer your feet a little TLC by dabbing blisters with a few drops of the oil.
Free to join! Get the hottest fashion, beauty and celebrity news, enter exclusive subscriber giveaways and be the first to receive the full digital version of REAL STYLE magazine every month.