Create A Shay Mitchell Inspired Beauty Look With This Makeup Tutorial
Photo: emanmakeup on Instagram
With her gorgeous dark features, 27-year-old Canadian actress Shay Mitchell is an absolute beauty. While her character Emily Fields on Pretty Little Liars may have you hooked to the small screen, her striking eyes and flawless skin are also part of her signature charm. With Mitchell set to cover the new February issue of Maxim, here’s our guide to a YouTube tutorial by L.A.-based professional makeup artist Eman for a beauty look inspired by this star.
1) Start off with a fresh and clear complexion and gently add a touch of eyeshadow primer to your lids.
Next, apply the warm brown Buck shadow from the Urban Decay Naked Palette, $64, which is used in the video.
2) Carefully smooth on your shadow using an eyeshadow brush. Next, begin creating a smokey eye look with a vampy touch and layered shades of brown. Apply the shimmery brown Smog shade from the palette to both your upper lids and under your lash line.
3) Using your brush, add the edgy and slightly darker Darkhorse eyeshadow, as well as the pale peach Virgin shade. Apply the Virgin shade under your brow bone for a brightening touch.
4) Carefully rim your bottom lids with dark brown eye pencil and use a line of black liquid liner to emphasize your top lids with a slight winged effect. At this point, curl your lashes and add black mascara, as well as false lashes if needed.
Try a coat of Lancôme HYPNÔSE Drama Waterproof Mascara, $26, which is also used in the video.
5) For a lovely glow, apply foundation, concealer, bronzer and a slight hint of blush at this stage. Fill in eyebrows with an eyebrow pencil, if needed.
The video uses MAKE UP FOR EVER HD Invisible Cover Foundation, $49, for a stunning complexion. The foundation is available in 26 shades, from a fair Pink Porcelain to a rich Brown.
6) Before you can fully channel your inner Shay Mitchell, you’ll need a luscious red pout with a slight raspberry tint. Perfect your smile with a hint of red in order to truly embrace an inspired beauty look.
Free to join! Get the hottest fashion, beauty and celebrity news, enter exclusive subscriber giveaways and be the first to receive the full digital version of REAL STYLE magazine every month.